Base Tubular Cleaning Unit: An Automated Drill Pipe Cleaner
R&R Manufacturing is committed to bringing innovative products to the market that will last longer and work more efficiently than any other product out. Our Base Tubular Cleaning Unit, an automated drill pipe cleaner, is the most cost-effective solution to getting steel pipes inspection-ready.
This base model designed for dry or wet cleaning of 2 3/8” to 5” drill pipe and 2 3/8” to 5 1/2” dry tubing/casing cleaning is field-proven and built to last. For cleaning larger diameter drill pipe and tubing / casing, we offer the HD industrial tube cleaning machine and our SuperMax high pressure pipe cleaning unit. Use the Table for Choosing the Right Drill Pipe Cleaning Machine as a guideline when selecting the best machine for your cleaning your pipe, tubing or casing. You can also contact us. Our experts will be happy to help.
Features That Make Our Drill Pipe Cleaners Stand Out From The Rest
- The load sensing hydraulic pump only uses the necessary power required to run equipment which reduces energy costs and lowers operating temperatures.
- The load-independent directional valves always maintain constant pressure and flow regardless of other functions performed which ensures power is directed only as required.
- The OD cleaning brush performs cleaning quicker and more efficiently to get the pipe ready for inspection faster. The brush is easily adjustable via a hydraulic cylinder which eliminates time-consuming, manual adjustments.
- The Brush Shaft and Shoulder Bolts are designed with wrench flats for easy maintenance. Their thread design and orientation reduce contamination and thread galling.
- Our patent-pending Lance Supports come standard on all of our cleaning units but can be retrofitted to any pipe cleaning machine.
- The remote operator panel gives the operator a panoramic view of the machine which increases efficiency and safety.
Base Drill Pipe Cleaner Standard Features
- Single wire brush assembly for pipe outside diameter, Qty 7, 2” Wide 10” diameter wire brushes.
- Pneumatic brush assembly floating system to handle dimensional variations.
- Inside diameter cleaning via a rigid pipe to accommodate rattling motor.
- Cyclonic dust and debris collection system, Dust and debris-laden air is forced into a steel tapered cone creating a high-velocity cyclone separating particles into the debris cabinet. Fine dust is then exhausted out of the building.
- 40 HP electric-powered hydraulic system to efficiently perform all pipe handling operations.
- Left or Right pipe loading setup.
- Conveyors with 6’ wheel spacing to feed drill pipe to cleaning system at adjustable feed rates.
- Operator and maintenance-friendly mechanical control pedestal positioned up to 10’ away for maximum safety.
Steel Pipe Cleaning Unit Optional Features
- Enclosures to reduce sound levels below 85db and contain dust and debris.
- Dust and debris collection system with filtered exhaust. Dust is forced across cartridge-style filter elements virtually eliminating any airborne particles.
- Baghouse filtration system.
- Outside diameter extreme scale and rust removal system.
- Range 3 tubular capacity.
- Small pipe capacity.
“Wheeler Metals has been in business for a long time and lots of different pieces of equipment. The purchase of R&R’s TCU went very smooth, was on-time, and the product has done everything we expected of it.”
Building and Service Requirements
230V 3ph 60 HZ 150 Amps OR 480V 3ph 60 HZ 100 Amps, Others by Request
110 psi @ 175 cfm (ID Rattling)
110 psi @ 45 cfm (Non-ID Rattling)
Work area as per layout drawing 10900.116
Customer responsible for all service terminations & building modifications
Signed installation agreement, if applicable